At the current time there are strict HM Government COVID-19 restrictions which are subject to change.
When the Church is open for Mass
Due to the regulations the church will only be able to hold 38 people from separate households at St Josephs and 32 people at Holy Cross. Most Holy Redeemer is not open at this time.
However please be aware there will be strict rules in operation and, for the time being, coming to Mass may not be quite how you remember it.
In order to comply with both Government and Diocesan COVID-19 regulations, there will be strict limitations on the number of people that are allowed in the Church at any one time and therefore we will be operating a ‘Booking System’ for attendance at each Mass via our website or a telephone call to the Parish Office during working hours (9am – 3pm). The Church will have to be thoroughly cleaned after each Mass and closed for the rest of the day. Masks are required to be worn inside the Church unless you are exempt from doing so and hand sanitising gel will be available at entry and exit points. Stewards will be in attendance to guide you to your seat and ensure compliance to keep everyone safe.
Please continue to check our Parish Website for up to date information on Mass dates and times.
The obligation to attend Mass on a Sunday is still suspended. We, therefore, encourage people, if it is possible, to consider attending Mass on one of the weekdays, as this will free up more places for the two weekend Masses on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
Parishes with Live Streaming
Apart from St Joseph and the English Martyrs, there are several parishes in the Diocese of Westminster which stream their Mass services live. For a full list and links, see Other Parishes with Live Streaming.
- Daily Mass readings: provided by Universalis, using the Jersualem Bible and the Grail Psalms which are used in UK liturgies
- The Order of Mass (PDF) produced by the Liturgy Office
- Spiritual Communion
- The Liturgical Calendar for the Diocese of Westminster
- Masses Online (a leaflet produced by the Diocese of Westminster listing parishes with live streaming of their Mass services)
- Prayer guide for health workers by Paul O’Reilly SJ
- A Prayer in Time of Coronavirus by Archbishop Michael Jackson
- Slow down, it’s COVID Time by John O’Donohue
- No one is alone! Prayer when confined to your home (PDF)
- Prayers during a time of flu and illness (supplied by the Liturgy Office)
- Prayer to your Guardian Angel when you cannot come to Mass
- Prayer for a pandemic by Cameron Bellm
- When Mass Cannot be Celebrated Publicly: a leaflet produced by the Liturgy Office
Other Resources – Also see our Resource page for Younger Parishioners
- Communities 1st: If you need help during the coronavirus crisis
- #PrayersOfHope Posters by Church Together in England
- Self-isolated? Why not make it a retreat? (PDF)
- Coronavirus: What You Can Do To Help (poster by Caritas Westminster)
- Living the Faith without the Sacraments: an excellent article by Catholic Answers
- Resources During Mass Suspension: compiled by the Diocese of Westminster
- Praying Unceasingly with the Liturgy of the Hours