Caritas Westminster, the social action agency for the Diocese of Westminster, have been supporting parishes in their outreach work since 2012. We encourage Catholic parishes to use their gifts and passions to make a difference in their local communities. We do this by:
- Encouraging and celebrating existing parish projects
- Supporting parishes to develop new social action projects in response to local needs
- Running services for Deaf and hard of hearing people, people with learning disabilities, and women escaping human trafficking
- Running an online volunteering service
- Developing a social enterprise hub to support those who are disadvantaged in the labour market
- Developing partnerships with local and national NGOs
- Giving grants for parish projects and individuals in need
- Developing resources for parish priests and volunteers
“The mission of Caritas Westminster is to encourage everyone in the Catholic community to reach out with practical help towards those in need. We are here to serve the good of all, especially the most vulnerable.” Cardinal Vincent Nichols.
There are a series of development workers throughout the diocese on hand to assist you. Please contact Edward (Development worker for Hillingdon, Hounslow and Upper Thames deaneries) on email@example.com or visit our website at www.caritaswestminster.org.uk for more information.