A Sacrament is an efficacious sign of grace, instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church, by which divine life is given to us. Full and active participation in the sacramental life of the Church requires a period of preparation of both mind and heart to be receptive to the grace of new life in Christ.
Please contact the Parish Office for further information.
Helping with the Sacraments
Our comprehensive parish programme of sacramental preparation is only possible through the hard work of our devoted team of catechists. They work behind the scenes at our preparation classes, assist with the Liturgy for Children at Sunday Masses and help at our Sunday School for children in non-Catholic schools.
Our parish runs:
- A preparation class for parents when they present their baby for Baptism
- Classes for children preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
- Group meetings for young teens as they prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Marriage preparation courses for couples prior to the Sacrament of Matrimony
- The parish RCIA programme, for adult candidates for the Sacraments of Initiation
Over 300 people of all ages take part in these programmes every year and more helpers are needed for this extremely rewarding work. Training and support are offered to all new volunteers.
If you would like to help please contact Bridget Brinkley via the Parish Office.