History of the Ss Mary & Joseph by Fr Terry Tastard

This history of our St. Mary and St. Joseph’s Church was written by the then parish priest, Fr Terry Tastard, around the time of the centenary of the earliest parts of the building.

It was originally published in booklet form from which the pictures and text in the attached Adobe .pdf  file were “scanned” and edited so any errors of transliteration are the responsibility of the webmaster not Fr Terry.

Some aspects of the history have now been superseded and the text is being revised to bring it up to date from 2000 to 2014.

SSM&J History 2014-05-27-1600