This Sunday the law changes again meaning masks are now a legal requirement in places of worship. So if you have a mask and usually wear one then bring it with you.
Please note that celebrants are not required to wear masks in the sanctuary nor are clergy or anyone else in the congregation responsible for policing this. If someone is not wearing a mask please respect this and assume they have a good reason.
The law- check here– makes clear you do not need a face covering if you have legitimate reason. This includes (but is not limited to):
- young children under the age of 11
- not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of illness, impairment or disability
- if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress
- if you are travelling with or providing assistance to someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
- to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm, to yourself or others
- to eat or drink if reasonably necessary
- in order to take medication
English Mass at 10am and
Polish Mass at 12pm.
Monday – Mass at 7pm
adoration from 6pm – 7pm.
Wednesday – Mass at 7 pm
adoration from 6pm – 7pm.
The Church will also be open for private prayers:
Friday: 10am-12pm (adoration)
Please this this letter from the Metropolitan Archbishops of England: Archbishops’ Letter
We have tried to make the Church as safe and secure as possible but it is clear, though, that while we do the best we can to ensure that our churches are safe it cannot be done alone. The behaviour of our parishioners is also crucial. We need to remind all parishioners to be vigilant about their actions such that all are safe and our Churches remain safe.
- IF YOU WISH TO COME INTO CHURCH YOU ARE WELCOME.
- NO MORE THAN 30 PEOPLE ALLOWED AT MASS
- PLEASE SANITISE YOUR HANDS ON ENTERING AND LEAVING. ENTER THROUGH THE NORMAL WAY AND LEAVE BY THE DOOR BY THE SACRED HEART ALTAR
- PLEASE SANITISE YOUR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER LIGHTING A CANDLE.
- PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE STATUES.
- PLEASE KEEP AT LEAST 2M FROM ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY BE PRAYING.
- ENTRANCE TO THE SACRISTY IS FORBIDDEN.
If you can help with opening the Church please email or phone the Parish. Without your help the Church will have to remain closed AND PLEASE KEEP TO THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.
Please observe social distancing rules whilst in the church, and if you are feeling unwell, please stay at home.
You can also make a Spiritual Communion not just during the Mass but at any time during the day and unite yourself and those you love with Our Blessed Lord:
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart.
I embrace You as if You were already there
and unite myself wholly to You.
Never permit me to be separated from You.
(and then make your intention …)
Live streams of Masses can be found here: Masses
Other online Masses can be found here Online Masses
Other resources can be found here Resources