It now provides a global network of people who are making the difference for the poor and forgotten across 1070 dioceses in 157 countries. Click on the link to watch “What is Missio?”
In every country where the Catholic Church is present, there is a Missio, each one led by a National Director, who is appointed by the Holy Father.
Missio in England and Wales
Fr Anthony Chantry is the National Director of Missio in England and Wales.
- Together we are enriching today’s global Catholic community.
- Together we are training tomorrow’s generation of Priests and Sisters.
- Together we are giving hope to the world’s poorest children.
- Together we are Missio.
Missio UK can be accessed through this link.
To use a modern spin, it is a global “crowdfunding” approach to supporting the work of the overseas Catholic Church through four main areas of provision:
- Sustaining faith communities and missionaries (Red Box; APF)
- Training future Priests and Sisters overseas (SPA)
- Children’s faith and development projects (MT)
- Nurturing a worldwide missionary spirit (PMU)
It does this through its core values:
- Love: proclaiming and sharing the Gospel message of God’s unconditional love for all
- Generosity: responding generously to the needs of all, regardless of background or belief
- Mission: offering every Christian, whether at home or abroad, the opportunity to be a missionary
- Respect: spiritual and practical support for Catholic faith communities, enabling them to become self-sufficient and flourish according to their own needs and traditions
Missio works very closely with the Mill Hill Missionaries who describe their place in the world as:
“an international fellowship of Catholic missionaries dedicated to announcing the Good News of Jesus Christ to people throughout the world.”
At St Hugh’s
Parishioners are invited to have the “Red Box” in their homes. We have 12 Promoters, one of whom will call to empty the box and deliver a magazine four times a year.
On average £2000 is raised each year from our parish.
If you would like to have a red box in your home, or would like to join our team of Promoters, please contact the parish office in the the first instance.
To read about the beginnings of Missio, click here. The founder, Pauline Marie Jaricot, was a woman who changed the nature of Catholic evangelisation throughout the world.