It is a strange time. Our new way of living and the public health emergency has presented challenges for us all of us in very many ways.
UPDATE From 15th June, we re-open for individual prayer. Currently, this is between 5 to 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday; and between 10.30 and 12 noon on Saturday and Sunday.
We have taken some significant measures (including comprehensive risk assessments) to enable the re-opening of the church. The success of these measures is dependent on everyone working together to promote everyone’s safety and protection.
You are asked to enter through the Main Door and exit through the side door. A steward will be at each door with hand sanitiser. We have masks available for individuals who would like to use one.
Please follow the one way system in operation which allows for limiting risks of cross infection.
Available seats on pews are identified by a laminated green sheet. When leaving, please turn the laminated sheet over so the red side is upturned. This identifies available and used seats.
As a parish community, we have continued to:
- Gather (virtually) for the celebration of Mass when possible, and engage in spiritual communion in the best way we can.
- To live out the Gospel in our lives – in the best ways we can.
- To support one another as members of the body of Christ – in the best ways we can.
- To reach out in compassion to the community around us – in the best ways we can.
And for now, this is what we need to continue to do.
We need to contribute to:
- reducing the rate of infection by following what we are asked to do;
- do the best we can to protect and support those who are most vulnerable;
- support those who are shielding for long periods of time or are self isolating;
- ensure reliable and accurate information is shared for the benefit of all our community.
In addition to Resources during Mass suspension link detailing online Mass schedules, interesting websites and other useful information, there are further resources and links below: