Parents/guardians, these instructions apply if:
- Nursery: Your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, and wish to apply to any Catholic nursery for the academic year beginning in September 2018.
- Primary Reception: Your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014, and wish to apply to any Catholic primary school for the academic year beginning in September 2018.
- You are parishioners of St Patrick’s, Wapping.
- You practice your Catholic faith by attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation.
The application process is administered by the Local Authority:
- Nursery: Tower Hamlets Nursery School Admissions.
- Primary Reception: Tower Hamlets Primary School Admissions
- Catholic schools additionally require that you complete a “Supplementary Information Form”, available from each school directly. You will find this in the application pack or on the school’s website.
- You should choose six schools, whether Catholic or otherwise. This does not reduce your chances of a place at your first choice schools, and you could be seriously disadvantaged if you do not.
Catholic schools give priority to children of practicing Catholic families. To demonstrate this, you need a Certificate of Catholic Practice issued by a priest. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Book an appointment to meet with Fr Andrew. Bookings are made online using the link below.
- Download the Certificate of Catholic Practice. Please fill in the certificate with your child’s details, and print one copy for each Catholic school to which you are applying.
- At least one parent/guardian together with the child should come to the presbytery (Dundee Street) to meet with Fr Andrew at the pre-arranged time. Please bring your filled and printed Certificates of Catholic Practice, one for each school.
If you moved to our parish within the last two years you will also need a letter from your previous Parish Priest.
At this meeting the priest will sign and stamp the certificates and return them to you. It is your responsibility to send the forms to the schools to which you are applying.