Parents/guardians, these instructions apply if:
- You have a child in year 6 at primary school, and wish to transfer him/her to year 7 of any Catholic secondary school for the academic year beginning in September 2019.
- You are parishioners of St Patrick’s, Wapping.
- You practice your Catholic faith by attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation.
Your child’s primary school should help you with the process of applying for secondary school transfer.
- You need to apply online. See the council’s website: Tower Hamlets Secondary School Admissions
- Catholic schools additionally require that you complete a “Supplementary Information Form”, available from each school directly. You will find this in the application pack or on the school’s website.
- You must choose six schools, whether Catholic or otherwise. This does not reduce your chances of a place at your first choice schools, and you could be seriously disadvantaged if you do not.
Catholic schools give priority to children of practicing Catholic families. To demonstrate this, you need a Certificate of Catholic Practice issued by a priest. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Book an appointment to meet with Fr Andrew. Bookings are made online using the link below.
- Download the Certificate of Catholic Practice. Please fill in the certificate with your child’s details, and print one copy for each Catholic school to which you are applying.
- At least one parent/guardian together with the child should come to the presbytery (Dundee Street) to meet with Fr Andrew at the pre-arranged time. Please bring your filled and printed Certificates of Catholic Practice, one for each school.
If you moved to our parish within the last two years you will also need a letter from your previous Parish Priest.
At this meeting the priest will sign and stamp the certificates and return them to you. It is your responsibility to send the forms to the schools to which you are applying.