The Parish of Harrow Road is situated in the North Kensington Deanery, along the Harrow Road near the junction with Elgin Avenue (337 Harrow Road, W9 3RB).
The Parish was founded in 1876. And on this site was built St Vincent’s Home for orphaned children.
The foundation stone for the original church was laid on 24th March 1879. This was the first church to be dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes in England, and with the adjacent St Vincent’s Home, it had the double title of Our Lady of Lourdes & St Vincent de Paul.
The buildings used by the orphanage became unsuitable for the needs of Crusade of Rescue, looking after the home. Adjacent land was sold which allowed the original church to be knocked down and rebuilt in brutalist style architecture, prevalent at that time, in 1973 and consecrated in 1976.
In 2020 / 2021 the breeze block finish of the church has been rendered and the courtyard refurbished with the installation of a grotto and garden in the courtyard, and a mosaic of St Vincent de Paul installed on the outside wall.