The name “House of Prayer” was given to a movement designed to encourage people to meet in private homes, in small groups, to deepen their personal life of prayer and to nurture their love for Scripture.
Our own House of Prayer was started six years ago, following a Seminar attended by a member of our Parish.
The Group meets on Thursday mornings, 10 till 12, (Call Gabriella on 241522)
The House of Prayer is open to anyone, young and old, who would wish to deepen their understanding and love of Scripture and prayer, in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
We come together:-
- To worship (songs; prayers, litanies, etc)
- To proclaim the Scriptures (readings for the following Sunday)
- To offer prayers of intercession.
The aim of the House of Prayer, is to deepen our awareness
- of the presence and action of the Holy Spirit in our life,
- and to become more attentive to the reality
- of the presence of Jesus in and around us.
and of course to build up bonds of friendship and mutual support with each other
PLEASE COME AND JOIN US!