About the Parish

Prior to 1878, this area comprised of just three farms, Upper and Lower Guttershedge, and Cockman’s in the Wood. A station opening in 1868 led to slow development and by 1886 there were 200 new houses in the area and the first churches, a Baptist and an Anglican.

St Patrick’s became a place of worship in 1964, and had its own priest from 1969 until 2019 when Fr Tim Edgar, Rector of Our Lady of Dolours in Hendon was appointed Parish Priest . Previously the building had been known as St John’s Hall, possibly connected to a St John’s school in Milton Road.

Taking Stock – Catholic Church of England and Wales