Covid-19: Please do not come to church if you are feeling unwell or is you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms!
- Maintain social distancing at all time, especially when entering & exiting the Church.
- We will enter via the main front door & be directed from there by the marshals. Marshals will also direct you when exiting the Church.
- Follow the signage on the floor to move around the church & be guided by our marshals.
- Face masks must be worn by adults and older children in church at all times –primary aged children are not required to wear face masks, however, we do ask that Parents are especially mindful of keeping their children close by & making sure they refrain from touching surfaces unnecessarily.
- We must advise all Parishioners to disperse straightway when leaving the Church. No Gathering is allowed outside the Church.
We thank Divine Saviour School and their team of School Chaplains that have put together this wonderful video to remind us of the Rosary during the month of October…..
Ceremony of Beatification of Our Founder
It is with great joy that we inform you that the Holy See has determined that the ceremony of the Beatification of our Venerable Founder, Fr Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan will take place on 15th May 2021 at the Archbasilica of Saint John Lateran in Rome. The ceremony will be presided over by Cardinal Giovanni Angelo Becciu, the Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
The miracle: A young couple that was expecting a baby in 2014 in Jundiai (Brazil), was informed by several medical doctors and specialists that their unborn child was suffering an incurable bone disease (skeletal dysplasia). Being members of a group of Lay Salvatorians, the parents began to pray through the intercession of the Venerable Servant of God, Fr. Francis Jordan, inviting other members of the Salvatorian Family to join them. The child was born in a complete healthy condition on 8 September 2014, the day of Fr. Francis Jordan´s death anniversary. After the required canonical procedures had been successfully completed, the Holy Father, Pope Francis declared that this miraculous healing was worked by God through the intercession of Fr. Francis Jordan.
Funeral Service in the Church: A Non-Eucharistic service in the Church is now permitted. The number of people gathered should be minimised. The next-of-kin has an important role in determining who is to attend the funeral; members of the person’s household, close family members, or if the above are unable to attend, close friends. Other discussions of the Taskforce indicate a maximum of 15 people including the priest or deacon and stewards.
Other points to consider:
- the mortal remains of the person should not rest overnight in the church;
- no objects should be placed on the coffin;
- no singing is permitted;
- the use of a single use service sheet which is taken away;
- the cleaning of the church;
- people who are not able to attend the service may wish to line the street in a socially distanced way.
The undertakers may assist, if willing, with limiting the numbers entering the church, or this may be the role of local stewards. Some people may find these restrictions too limited and wish simply to gather for a burial or cremation.
The Church and Presbytery of St Saviours is situated on The Crescent, which is just off the High Street. Our address is St Saviour’s Presbytery, 96, The Crescent, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, WD5 0DS.
The church of Our Lady Mother of the Saviour address is: 3 Forge Close, Chipperfield, Kings Langley. WD4 9DL
Parish Priest: Fr Richard Mway SDS
Parish Safeguarding Representative St Saviours, Abbots Langley: Marie-Louise Nolan.
Parish Safeguarding Representative Our Lady, Mother of the Saviour, Chipperfield: Fabian Wilson
For general enquiries please call 01923 266177.
Parish Secretary. Katie Allam is available only on Tuesday/Fridays 9am -2pm
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website: https://parish.rcdow.org.uk/abbotslangley
You can also “like us” on Facebook