During the * corona crisis * daily mass will be broadcast via internet streaming:
Live Streaming of St. Mary’s Mass
On Saturday 4th July public Masses will recommence for the first time in 3 months. I will have to emerge from semi-retirement! There will be a period of re-adjustment and I must ask for patience. We must comply with government rules and church guidelines. This will ensure we can all celebrate Mass safely and with dignity.
I will outline what will be different:
- Seating will be based on social distancing, so either 2 individuals per bench or a whole household occupying a bench. One bench in two will be usable.
- There will be stewards to ensure seating and safety.
- The church will be well aired.
- Please use the hand cleanser available in the porch.
- There will be no singing but we will have background music.
- The Mass will be shorter with no bidding prayers.
- Please receive Holy Communion in the hand.
- After Mass please leave the church and socialise outside allowing the church to be cleaned.
- Mask wearing is advisible.
- The elderly and those with serious health issues should attend Mass on Fridays at 1200.
This may all sound a bit odd but it’s a start and things will improve. Please be patient and understanding. Please pray for your Priests, some of whom are finding this process rather challenging!
Yours Mgr Phelim
We welcome you to the web page of the Roman Catholic Church of
St Mary, Hampstead. Our Parish Priest is Monsignor Phelim Rowland.
Abbé Jean Morel served as its first Parish Priest, having been forced to flee from France as a refugee in 1792 and becoming pastor to the local Catholic community in Hampstead in 1796. The little chapel of St Mary was completed in 1816 and was extended to the current church you see today by 1916. You can read more about the history of St Mary’s.
We also have a Pastoral website, where you can view information on our Sacramental Programmes, CCD classes, volunteering opportunities, and other resources.
You will find us near Hampstead station (Northern Line), via Church Row on the lower end of Heath Street (map). Buses 46 and 268 also serve the area.
Our contact details:
Address: 4 Holly Place, London, NW3 6QU
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7435 6678