Daily mass will be broadcast via internet streaming:
Live Streaming of St. Mary’s Mass
Public Masses have recommenced, still we must comply with government rules and church guidelines. This will ensure we can all celebrate Mass safely and with dignity.
What will be different:
- Seating will be based on social distancing, so either 2 individuals per bench or a whole household occupying a bench. One bench in two will be usable.
- There will be stewards to ensure seating and safety.
- The church will be well aired.
- Please use the hand cleanser available in the porch.
- There will be no singing but we will have background music.
- The Mass will be shorter with no bidding prayers.
- Please receive Holy Communion in the hand.
- After Mass please leave the church and socialise outside allowing the church to be cleaned.
- Mask wearing is advisible.
- The elderly and those with serious health issues should attend Mass on Fridays at 1200.
We welcome you to the web page of the Roman Catholic Church of
St Mary, Hampstead. Our Parish Priest is Monsignor Phelim Rowland.
Abbé Jean Morel served as its first Parish Priest, having been forced to flee from France as a refugee in 1792 and becoming pastor to the local Catholic community in Hampstead in 1796. The little chapel of St Mary was completed in 1816 and was extended to the current church you see today by 1916. You can read more about the history of St Mary’s.
We also have a Pastoral website, where you can view information on our Sacramental Programmes, CCD classes, volunteering opportunities, and other resources.
You will find us near Hampstead station (Northern Line), via Church Row on the lower end of Heath Street (map). Buses 46 and 268 also serve the area.
Our contact details:
Address: 4 Holly Place, London, NW3 6QU
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7435 6678
Parish Priest: The Rev Mgr Phelim Rowland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Parish Administrator/Pastoral Assistant: Mary Stanier (email@example.com)
Parish Accountant : Tony Brophy [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]