About the Parish

The Parish of Limehouse is situated in the Tower Hamlets Deanery. It was founded in 1881. The church was built in 1934 and consecrated on 17th October, 1945.

The statue on the church is known as the "steering Christ" as it acted as a navigation aid to sailors coming into the docks.

The statue on the church is known as the “steering Christ” as it acted as a navigation aid to sailors coming into the docks.