Is your child staring school in September 2022?
If you are applying for a reception place in catholic schools, you will need a certificate of Catholic Practice (CCP). You can now apply. Applications should be received by 8 January 2022.
IF YOU REQUIRE A CERTIFICATE OF CATHOLIC PRACTICE PLEASE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note in the email address, it is ccp1 using the digit/number 1 (one).
YOU WILL BE SENT THE NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS.
Contact CCP Tel. No. 07542441846. Please leave a message.
Click on the link for the Portuguese translation of instructions: CCP Portuguese Mass Attendance Card translation
The parish has a system of Mass Attendance Cards. This is only applicable for parents who wish to send their children to a catholic primary or secondary school. Places in our Roman Catholic schools are frequently oversubscribed. When this is the case one of the criteria used by schools to allocate a place is mass attendance, as evidenced by a Certificate of Catholic Practice (CCP).
The CCP is a statement that a child comes from a practising family. This is defined as a family who attends mass on a weekly basis. In order for this to be ascertained, the diocese of Westminster requires evidence of at least two years of practice. Mass Attendance cards will enable this to be done fairly, especially when a priest moves parish.
A child may receive a place in a catholic school without a CCP but ordinarily only after those with a CCP have been admitted.
* Mass Attendance Cards are used to indicate the presence of children at Mass.
* If you are new to the parish, you will need a letter from your previous Parish Priest in order to obtain a signed Certificate of Catholic Practice from this priest.
Update September 2021:
If you wish to have a Certificate of Catholic Practice (CCP), please obtain a Mass attendance card.
Stickers for this card will be given out after each Sunday mass to record your attendance.
These cards will assist the priest in establishing a pattern of attendance and so enable him to provide a CCP.
Cards and stickers can be collected in the lobby of the church after mass.
For Covid secure reasons, once you have left the church after mass, you can enter the lobby via the car park door to collect your card and sticker.
Mass Attendance Card Procedure
* Parents (accompanied by their child) to collect the attendance sticker after mass.
* Parents to collect the sticker so as not to associate mass attendance in the mind of the child with a tick box exercise.
* Stickers for parents with children in school Year 5 and under.
* Please ensure your card has a recent PHOTO of your child and their FULL NAME.
* Stickers will be given after Mass has ended.
* Stickers are not issued in August
* It is your responsibility to look after the card and bring it every week.