Is your child staring school in September 2021?
If you are applying for a reception place in catholic schools, you will need a certificate of Catholic Practice (CCP).
Please be advised that you can apply at firstname.lastname@example.org from 2nd November 2020 until 8th January 2021.
Mass attendance stickers were suspended from Sunday 15/3/2020.
They will not be distributed in the forseeable future until further notice.
These weeks will be omitted in our calculation of the 75% attendance for school admission
IF YOU REQUIRE A CERTIFICATE OF CATHOLIC PRACTICE PLEASE EMAIL: email@example.com
YOU WILL BE SENT THE NECESSARY INSTRUCTIONS.
CERTIFICATE OF CATHOLIC PRACTICE: The parish has a system of Mass Attendance Cards. This is only applicable for parents who wish to send their children to a catholic primary or secondary school. Places in our Roman Catholic schools are frequently oversubscribed. When this is the case one of the criteria used by schools to allocate a place is mass attendance, as evidenced by a Certificate of Catholic Practice (CCP).
The CCP is a statement that a child comes from a practising family. This is defined as a family who attends mass on a weekly basis. In order for this to be ascertained, the diocese of Westminster requires evidence of at least two years of practice. Mass Attendance cards will enable this to be done fairly, especially when a priest moves parish.
A child may receive a place in a catholic school without a CCP but ordinarily only after those with a CCP have been admitted.
* Mass Attendance Cards are used to indicate the presence of children at Mass.
* If you are new to the parish, you will need a letter from your previous Parish Priest in order to obtain a signed Certificate of Catholic Practice from this priest.
MASS ATTENDANCE CARD (Procedure Pre-Covid)
* Parents (accompanied by their child) to collect the attendance sticker after mass.
* Parents to collect the sticker so as not to associate mass attendance in the mind of the child with a tick box exercise.
* Stickers for parents with children in school Year 5 and under.
* Please ensure your card has a recent PHOTO of your child and their FULL NAME.
* Stickers will be given after Mass has ended.
* Stickers will not be issued in August
* It is your responsibility to look after the card and bring it every week.