Welcome to the Parish of St Mellitus
Tollington Park in North London
You can contact us on 020 7272 3415. Our email address is email@example.com
OUR CHURCH IS OPEN FOR MASS
Sundays at 11am
Wednesdays at 10am
Latest news: Our Organ has been restored!
Dear Friends, with news that virus infections have increased throughout the country and especially in London, we need to be very careful where we go and who we meet. I am concerned especially for our elderly and vulnerable parishoners who we know are more susceptible to the damaging effects of catching the virus and I would urge them to think seriously about the risks involved, even when coming to church. We all have a duty to protect each other, to act sensibly and ensure we follow the law of the land and recomendations about face coverings, social distance and handwashing. Remember, no one is obliged to come to church in these days, but if we do come, we must follow the directions of our volunteer stewards and put the health of others first.
But don’t lose heart, keep saying your prayers even if you can’t come back to Mass at the moment, and we will see one another again soon. God bless you and all those you love,
Please remember that the Obligation to attend Sunday Mass is suspended, so continue participating in online Masses where possible.
If you do feel comfortable returning to Mass, please be aware of the following rules which aim to reduce the risk of spreading infection:
- You must wear a face covering while at Mass
- You must maintain social distancing by sitting in designated seats
- Arrive for Mass at least 10 minutes before it begins
- Enter and leave through different doors
- Use hand sanitiser when you enter and when you leave
- Follow the ONE WAY system
- Receive Holy Communion on your hand only
- Light candles from pre – lit candles
- Place your offerings in the basket provided
- Come to church if you are feeling unwell, advanced in years, shielding, isolating, or most vulnerable to serious illness
- Move around the church unless guided by stewards
- Touch statues, doorhandles, pew ends
- Don’t engage in conversation inside the church
- Toilets WILL NOT be open
- The lift will be open for essential use only – 1 person at a time
KEEP UP YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE PARISH
It is so important to continue to support the parish with your offerings. Sadly without Masses for such a long time, our income stream is depleted and our reserves are falling. We really need you to keep up your support and the best way at this time is to set up a standing order with your bank, directed to:
WRCDT Tollington Park
Under the church, in the parish hall, a scrubshub came into being, organised by Myka Baum, www.mykabaum.com & London Scrubshub https://londonscrubshub.org/ & N4 cuttinghub. Working with more than 30 local volunteers, over 1000 sets of scrubs were made and delivered to NHS workers and care homes, protecting staff and saving lives.
This amazing work continues and the focus now moves to producing much needed facemasks. You can see more and support them at https://www.facebook.com/N4Cuttinghub/
Our thanks and appreciation goes to everyone involved in this project!