A JOURNEY IN FAITH
An invitation to those considering becoming a Catholic, to Catholic adults wishing to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, or if you simply desire to deepen your understanding of the faith. We will begin our R.C.I.A. course in November running until April. The group will meet on Tuesdays at 8.00 pm in the Parish Centre for 1 hour. Applications are available in the parish office or by clicking here.
For more information, please contact Fr. Liam on 020-8578-1363 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The R.C.I.A. is the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. It is: –
- a shared journey of faith
- an experience and exploration of the Christian faith
- individually and as part of a community
- according to the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church
Who is it for?
- Any adult wishing to explore his/her own journey of faith
- who feels drawn to discover more about the Roman Catholic Church,
- its teaching and its practice
- and is considering becoming a full member.
What sort of people attend?
- some will already be baptised in other Christian churches,
- some will be unbaptised but have an affiliation with a Christian community
- some will have a non-Christian faith
- and others will come from no particular persuasion
How does it work?
- there are regular weekly meetings in the parish center
- the meetings are run by a Co-ordinator assited by a team of catechists
- you journey at your own pace
- and would normally expect to spend at least one full year in preparation for Reception into the Church
- you will be supported by a sponsor