There are plenty of ways to be involved in the life of the parish, beyond just ‘coming to church’ – whatever your age or situation.
You may also be interested in what help the parish family can offer you.
There are many groups and ministries including charitable, social, spiritual and liturgical.
Here you will find the current list in groups, ministries and clubs.
Also, why not look for announcements in our newsletter or contact one of the Parish Team?
All clubs must be accountable for Child Protection, Health and Safety, Hygiene, Data Protection, Performing Rights, Licensing Laws, Charity Status
- Care of the Sick/Housebound
- Confirmation programme: Saturdays 3:30 to 5:30pm, once a month
- First Holy Communion programme: Saturdays 10-11am, once a month
- First Reconciliation programme: Saturdays 12 – 1pm. Seven session programme.
- Funeral Masses and Services
- Marriage preparation course
- Mass with Anointing of the Sick Mass
- Penitential services: in Lent and Advent.
- Pre-Baptism courses for parents and godparents: Mondays 7:30 to 9pm. Two sessions every month
- RCIA: for those adults preparing to be received into the Catholic Church.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Sacramental preparation for Travelers (Sr. Petronia) and the Celebration of these sacraments
- Saturday Morning catechism classes: Learning about the Catholic faith, for children who attend non-Catholic Schools (from 6 years onwards) (Saturdays 10 – 11:15am)
- “Sacristian” Duties
- Bidding prayers
- Choir: at 11am Mass on Sundays
- Christmas: Tree /Crib/ Remembrance tree
- Church cleaning: Fridays after the 9:15am Mass. Easter and Christmas at specified times.
- Communion service
- Easter: Baptismal font
- Family Mass: 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month
- Flower arrangement
- Liturgy group
- Mass Power Point: Sundays and weekday Masses
- Mass Servers / Altar servers formation
- Mass Servers / Altar servers: Sunday Masses and Feasts.
- Offertory collectors
- Passover Meal
- Piety shop/ Repository: (The shop at the back of the church) Sundays after all the Masses.
- Presentation of the bread and wine/ gifts
- Public display
- Special Ministers of the Eucharist
- Welcoming Team
- A Quick Journey through the Bible: 8 session Bible study course.
- Catholicism (Faith Formation Course)
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Tuesdays after the 9:15am Mass and First Sunday of every month after the 11am Mass.
- Agency for Evangelization: Discussion papers are available during Lent and Advent.
- Bible Study: A group that works towards a greater understanding of the Bible. Meet every second Monday at 7:30pm.
- Guided Prayer: during Lent.
- Lectio Divina: Meditation Group on Thursdays.
- Legion of Mary: Prayer group who help within the parish, visiting the sick/ elderly in hospitals and homes.
- Marian Prayer Group: (Rosary group) Devotion to the Immaculate heart of Mary, 1st Saturday of each month at 3pm.
- Morning Prayer of the Church: 7:30am
- Novena: 8:45am
- Parish retreat: during Advent and Lent.
- Rosary: 8:45am.
- Stations of the Cross: Leading the Stations of the Cross. Fridays during Lent at 7:30pm
- Verbum Dei Community: activities are announced on the Parish board
- Annual Review
- Booking/overseeing Parish Centre
- Finance group: (Fundraising and social activities)
- Growing in Faith
- Haringey Deanery (6 parishes)
- Health and safety
- Maintenance – Parish property
- Money counters
- Office /Parish Administration
- Planned giving
- PPC: Parish Pastoral Council
- Publicity (Notice boards)
- Weekly Newsletter
SOCIAL ACTIVITIES / OUTREACH
- Agency of Overseas Development (CAFOD)
- Catholic Workers
- Film nights
- Food and Drink for the Homeless
- Haringey Migrant support
- Justice and Peace Commission
- Live simply group
- Paris convention 2015 – Climate change
- Parish BBQ
- Social media
- St Patrick’s Day
- Teas/coffees: Helping to prepare and serve teas/coffees. Sundays after the 9am & 11am Masses