Welcome to the web pages of the
Roman Catholic Church of St Mary Magdalen,
Mass & Service Times
Week commencing Sunday 26 September 2021
Sunday 26 September 2021 – 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time
6:30pm (Vigil Mass of Sunday), 9:00am*, 10:30am, 12 noon & 6:30pm
Monday 27 September 2021 – St Vincent De Paul, Priest
Tuesday 28 September 2021 – Feria
Wednesday 29 September 2021 – Ss Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, Archangels
Thursday 30 September 2021 – St Jerome, Priest & Doctor
Friday 1 October 2021 – St Therese of the Child Jesus, Virgin & Doctor
Saturday 2 October 2021 – The Holy Guardian Angels
9:30am* & 6:30pm
* Live Streamed on our YouTube channel:
St Mary Magdalen RC Church, Willesden, London – YouTube.
Individual Prayer with
Monday – Saturday:
One hour before morning Mass
Saturday: 10:00 – 10:30am
5:30pm – 6:15pm
If you are unable to come to Mass and are watching live streamed, you may like to make this Act of Spiritual Communion:
I believe that you are present in this Holy Sacrament of the altar.
I love you above all things
and I passionately desire to receive you into my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally,
come spiritually into my soul so that I may unite myself wholly to
now and forever.
Guidance at our church. As the country moved into Step 4 of the Roadmap, the guidance emphasised that responsibility is now held at the local level, by an understanding of the local situation of the virus and its transmission. It is important that over this period of transition we help people to feel as safe in the Church as they have done over the last sixteen months. A gentle approach to change is recommended so that people are more confident to gather in larger numbers. This means that some of the preventative practices we have already put in place will remain and will be reviewed regularly and updated here and in our parish newsletter. The following is a brief summary of how we are moving forward:
- Please continue to use the hand sanitisers on entering and leaving the church.
- We highly recommend that you continue to wear a face mask, unless exempt.
- Our cleaning regimes remain in place. Please help to clean our church after week day Mass or join our team of cleaners on Saturday mornings. Many hands make light work!
- Interior and exterior doors to remain open to increase ventilation and reduce touching.
- The Sign of Peace remains suspended.
- There will be no one way system through the church.
- All pews in the church, except for the pews at the top left quadrant by the Grotto entrance/exit, are open and will not require parishioners to social distance. Do remember to be considerate to your fellow parishioners, wherever you may sit.
- Test and Trace will now only be recorded by scanning the NHS QR code. This will be available to scan at all entrances/exits to the church.
- The offertory collection is resumed in church
- Parish Noticeboard at the back of the church has been reinstated and will be updated on a weekly basis.
Stewards. Thank you so much to all our Stewards who have helped keep our church open throughout these difficult times. I am sure everyone will agree that the Stewards welcoming presence at the church door has been wonderful! With this in mind, if there are any Stewards (or anyone else) who would like to volunteer for the ministry of Welcomer going forward, please telephone or email the Parish Office with your contact details. Thank you.
The removal of the Sunday obligation has meant that nobody should feel guilty if they do not attend Mass.
Please continue to pray at home for the end of the spread of the virus, especially the new delta variant, and successful vaccination of all.
Our parish priest is Monsignor Roger Reader KCHS
Assistant priest is Father Allan Alvarado Gil
Also in residence is the chaplain to the Sinhalese-speaking community in the Archdioceses of Westminster and Southwark, Fr Ruwan Deshapriya.
Our postal address is Clergy House, Peter Avenue, NW10 2DD.
You will find us on the corner of Harlesden Road and Peter Avenue on the south side of High Road, via St Andrew’s Road, about 20 minutes’ walk from Willesden Green station (LT).
You can contact us on 020 8451 4677.
Our email address is email@example.com