41 persons were confirmed during a Visitation by Archbishop Bourne in 1908. In the course of his address he remarked sadly that there was no Catholic Elementary School in the Parish, although 55 children regularly attended catechism and over 90 were known to be attending non-Catholic schools.

A site for a school was duly found (the date is not recorded) and bought: known as Brickfield, it was a rectangular field in what was left of open country next to the Grange Brick and Tile works, off Harlesden Lane. For the time being it was fenced off and let for grazing horses. Peter Avenue did not then exist.

Move to next section – Mission House 1910 – 1940
Return to Contents page