Programme of Preparation for Receiving Holy Communion
The Catechesis and Preparation for ALL Sacraments takes place in Parishes and not in Schools. This is to involve the Family and Parish Community in all Sacramental preparation.
Families must be registered within the Parish and attending regularly before they can apply for a place on the Programme. It is expected that parents will take an active role in the preparation.
Preparing a child to receive Holy Communion will include:
- making this a meaningful time for your family
- attending ALL Parents Meetings
- participating in weekly Mass on Saturday evenings
- ensuring that your child attends ALL after-school Sessions,
- helping them to complete any Prayer Sheets that they bring home.
- praying and talking about the sessions and about Mass with your child
- providing the required paperwork and remuneration towards expenses as required.
It is the parents’ responsibility to look in the Newsletter each week for any unavoidable changes.