The Loyola Centre and The Manning Room

Both the Manning Room and Loyola Centre are available under restricted conditions for hire. The premises are committed to being Covid-19 secure providing the all conditions for hiring the venues, including cleaning after use, are met.

It is not available for hire on Sundays due to Parish events and activities.

The Loyola Centre on Green Street

The Loyola Centre

The Loyola Centre, opposite the Church, is the parish centre and is available for hire on an hourly basis.

 The Loyola Centre was originally built in the early 1930s as St Ignatius parish school and remained such until 1967 when the school moved to its present site.  

The Loyola Centre has a large hall suitable for up to 125 people with its own kitchen and toilet facilities including an accessible toilet. There is also a large garden area available. The hirer is responsible for leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition, including taking any rubbish home. A refundable deposit will be taken at the time of booking.

If you are interested in booking, please contact Parish Office or email at sunburyparishcentres@rcdow.org.uk 

The History of The Loyola Centre

The Loyola Centre was built in 1932 in the grounds of St Teresa’s Convent, which was owned by the Sisters of Charity of St Paul, the Apostle. The nuns had taken on the education of local Catholic children when they moved to Sunbury in 1926. The one storey block consisted of two classrooms, a science room and staff rooms. St Ignatius School (in what is now The Manning Room) had become too small for the rapidly increasing number of pupils. The older pupils therefore moved across the road to this new building, where the school remained until the new school building further down Green Street was opened in 1967.

During 1988 and 1989 a major fundraising drive raised enough money to refurbish The Loyola Centre as a pastoral and recreational centre for the parish. It provides the ideal surroundings for first Holy Communion and Confirmation preparation. It is also a thriving social hub for the parish community with regular events taking place for all ages and tastes.

space

The Manning Room

The Manning Room, the first schoolroom of the 1870s, is at the rear of the Church and comprises a single large room with a small adjoining kitchen. This is also available for hire. The toilet facilities are available to all during Mass and teas and coffees are served here after 9.30 am Mass on Sunday.

If you are interested in booking, please contact Parish Office or email at sunburyparishcentres@rcdow.org.uk