OUR LADY OF LOURDES CHURCH HARPENDEN
4TH JULY 2020
Permission has now been received from the government, via the Bishops, to celebrate Mass with a congregation, from Saturday July 4th.
Mass, for the time being, will be celebrated on:
Saturdays at 5pm
Sundays at 10.30am
Tuesdays at 9.15am
Thursdays at 9.15am.
The Masses on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, will be transmitted via Zoom and YouTube, for details please Click Here.
If you want to attend any of the Masses, for up to two people, you can request a seat via the parish website. Please go to www.parish.rcdow.org.uk/Harpenden and then click on Events. If three or more people wish to attend the Saturday or Sunday Masses, or a weekday Mass, please email, or telephone the parish office.
Now that regular Mass is resuming, the church will only be open, for limited periods, around the Mass times.
All Catholics continue to be dispensed from the obligation to physically attend Mass, for the time being.
If you are thinking of attending Mass, please note:
- You must not enter the church, if you, or a member of your household, have displayed any of the symptoms related to COVID19.
- It is strongly advised that you do not enter if you fall within an ‘at risk’ group (over 70, asthmatic or have underlying medical conditions).
When you come to church, please:
- Please wear a mask.
- On arriving, cleanse your hands with the sanitiser provided.
- Maintain social distancing.
- No physical contact with others, no handshakes or hugs!
- Follow the ‘one way’ system.
- Only sit in the seats that are marked, by a green tick.
- Leave the church following the ‘one way’ system.
- As you leave, cleanse your hands with the sanitiser provided.
You are also encouraged to:
- Limit interactions with anyone you are not attending church with.
- Wear face coverings in enclosed public spaces where there are people, you do not normally meet, such as a church.
Please note that toilets are not, presently, available
While this situation continues the Newsletter will continue to be produced, to view please Click Here, or it can be sent electronically if you advise your email address; or posted, if you notify the parish office.
The Parish Office remains closed, but the Parish Priest and Administrator can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01582 712245.
For further information please visit:
Facebook: Our Lady of Lourdes, Harpenden
We are presently updating our parish records, and ask that everyone,
who wishes, complete a ‘Parish Data Base update form, please clickhere.
If you are recently arrived in the parish, please complete a
‘New Parishioner’ form, click here.