All parents planning a baptism for their child are invited to attend a baptism course, the aim of which is to instruct the parents, as the Church requires, on the meanings and implications of baptism and to ensure that they understand the teaching.
The course is held in two sessions.
The first session covers:
- helping parents prepare for this important sacrament
- helping them to explore their faith
- encouraging them to share with others their faith, hopes and fears
- helping them to understand the church’s commitment to them and their child
- helping them to understand the role of the Godparents
The second session covers:
- going through the Rite of Baptism
- explaining all of the signs and symbols of baptism
- answering any outstanding questions
- Dates of future courses are advertised in the Newsletter.