The group’s aims are:
- To give financial support to projects in the poorer – especially the poorest – developing countries which are (i) not supported by any major, well-known charities, providing (ii) that the Group has direct contact with a named person where the project is undertaken.
- To provide social occasions for parishioners to meet, involving all facets of parish life.
Consistent with this, all projects should:
- Be based on local initiatives, identified and managed by local people.
- Avoid creating a culture of dependency.
- Provide project support in areas not reached by the large relief organisations.
- Aim to support primary education, nurture enterprise and develop self-sufficiency.