The Parish Pastoral Council
Seeking Christ Together
The Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) is responsible for developing the parish mission and strategy, investigating, reflecting, and reaching conclusions about pastoral matters and consulting with and making recommendations to the Parish Priest.
The PPC has a pivotal role within the parish, following the ‘maintenance to mission’ principles of ‘Divine Renovation‘, and is comprised of people across the adult age range who wish to use their God-given skills and talents to help the parish achieve its mission.
Formed in 2021, the Pastoral Council affords every parishioner a unique opportunity to make a difference and help shape the future of the parish.
In the quest to lead the parish to become even more open, welcoming, and inclusive, the journey started with the challenge of reading Fr James Mallon’s book ‘Divine Renovation’ and the setting up and running of an initial Alpha Course. There followed extensive planning and mapping out of the way forward for our parish of Our Lady of Lourdes, the construction and delivery of the parish survey, analysing the returns and designing the most effective method of results presentation to the parish community.
In tandem with the above, the Mission Development Team (MDT) identified and defined the number and structure of proposed groups needed to deliver the objectives. It consulted with parishioners, and another parish further down the road on its journey, to ensure it was on the right path. The PPC has a strategic, spiritual and pastoral role working in conjunction with the other existing groups: the MDT, Finance & Premises and Communications, and will look to form the following teams: Mission, Growing in Faith, Family & Youth, Welcoming, Operations and Events Coordination.
You Can Help Make a Difference
The opportunity to help make a difference is open to all adult parishioners. The Pastoral Council is formed of twelve representatives covering all age groups. Eight members, representing different areas of parish life, are chosen and appointed by the Parish Priest, with the remaining four members being chosen by parishioners during a nomination and election process.
Elected and Appointed Members serve for a three-year term of office commencing from the announcement of their appointment/election at the annual Open Parish Meeting (OPM), as follows:
Cycle 1 – Appointment of four new members and Election of 4 new members
Cycle 2 – Appointment of four new members
Cycle 3 – No Appointments/Elections
The full PPC Terms of Reference are available here.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THE AUTUMN 2021 ELECTION
To view the Nomination Profiles of our Six Nominees Please Click Here
To download a Voting Form Please Click Here
Nomination Process & Important Dates for Your Diary
- 16th/17th October 2021 – The nomination process begins, with a deadline of 8th November 2021. Nomination forms, which need to be completed by all nominees, are available at the back of the church and on the parish website and should be returned to the Parish Office.
- 13th/14th November 2021 – The nominees will be announced and voting papers distributed. Voting papers and a ballot box will be available at the back of the church and all adult parishioners of voting age are eligible to take part.
- 28th November 2021 – The ballot will close.
- Sunday 5th December 2021 – Results to be announced at an Open Parish Meeting (OPM).
- 11th/12th December 2021 (on or about) – The parishioners elected and appointed to the Pastoral Council will be announced.