St Elizabeth’s School Much Hadham
Lay Chaplain £25,449 – £28,501
Full-time, 37.5 hrs per week
About the Role
This exciting opportunity is for someone who will nurture and strengthen the founding ethos of the Daughters of the Cross of Liege, who, while remaining Trustees, no longer own and manage the day to day running of the Centre. You will:
- Support our resident chaplain
- Work closely with people of other faith groups
- Offer pastoral care to our 650 staff and over 200 Residents
- Work with senior staff to plan and deliver a programme of events to support the spiritual and community life of the organisation.
- Work with our school to ensure that it operates in line with the regulatory requirements for a Catholic School.
- Provide advice to the senior leadership team.
This is an opportunity for someone who:
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic
- Is confident with excellent communication skills
- Has experience of working in a setting such as a School, a Hospital or a Charity.
- Has experience in leading or assisting in Catholic Worship.
- Is prepared to meet new staff to share with them the Mission Statement of the Centre
- Will ensure staff and residents of all faith groups are welcome and enabled to practise their faith.
St Elizabeth’s is situated in 68 acres of beautiful Hertfordshire parkland between Harlow and Bishops Stortford. We support people with Epilepsy and other complex neurological conditions within a Special School and Children Home, a College with Domiciliary Care and a Residential Home with Nursing and Day Services. It was at the invitation of Cardinal Vaughan that the Centre was opened in 1903 by the Daughters of the Cross who are represented on the new trust within the Diocese of Westminster.
Informal visits to the centre are encouraged prior to interview, for further information please call Vas Georgiou on 01279 844 409.
Closing Date: 9th December 2019
Interview Dates: TBC
To apply and to find out more information about St Elizabeth’s, please visit our website: www.stelizabeths.org.uk or telephone 01279 844524 for an informal discussion regarding the role.
Offers are subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check paid for by the centre. Please note we are not on a public transport route. Salary is dependent on the role, qualifications and experience.
Registered Charity: 1176777
Equal Opportunities Employer