Please be aware that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions the dates of the intended First Holy Communion Masses 2020 have changed provisionally to 10th & 11th October 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
Sacraments of First Reconciliation & First Holy Communion 2021
Preparing for Reconciliation and First Holy Communion
This is a Parish based programme which recognises the central role of parents in the development of their children’s faith which explores the many gifts given to us by way of a journey to reconciliation and the Eucharist.
The preparation programme is only for those children who will be receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion within the Catholic Parish of Bishop’s Stortford and not elsewhere.
Each child is prepared so that they may have sufficient knowledge in their own capacity to understand the mystery of Christ in reconciliation and Holy Communion
Applications are now open for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion 2021 for those Children who live in the parish, which will take place on Saturday 8th May 2021 at St Joseph and the English Martyrs and on Sunday 9th May 2021 at Most Holy Redeemer and Holy Cross.
The preparation programme is only for those children who will be receiving the Sacrament within the parish and not elsewhere.
It will start between November 2020 – May 2021 and will consist of 10 separate sessions. There will 3-4 sessions for Parents. The Children are expected to attend each session and the 9am Mass that Sunday. Children should be 8 years old on or before 31 August 2021.
What do I need to do to register my Child for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and First Holy Communion 2021?
- Firstly check that your Child qualifies under the above conditions i.e. they will be 8 years old on or before 31st August 2021, that you live in the parish and your Child will be receiving the Sacrament in the parish and not elsewhere.
- Email the parish office on email@example.com requesting a First Holy Communion application form for your child only giving the FULL NAME and DATE of BIRTH of your CHILD.
- A personalised application form containing your Child’s name and date of birth will then be emailed to you as a PDF document.
Please print off the PDF form, fill in the remaining details requested on both sides of the form, sign and post back the hard copy in an envelope to 3, Windhill, Bishop’s Stortford, Herts CM23 2ND
- When you have submitted the’ hard copy’ of the form, please then email firstname.lastname@example.org so that the First Holy Communion Catechist can send you an acknowledgment email and keep you updated of proposed sessions.
- The Cut off date for the hard copy of all forms to have been received at 3, Windhill is Tuesday 1st September 2020 with no exceptions..
- If your Child has any special needs, requirements, medical conditions or needs additional support, please ensure that your form is submitted as soon as possible. This is to ensure that we can contact you early and have plenty of time to better understand what support may be required and also make any necessary arrangements.
- If you have any questions re the application process please contact the Parish office – Thank you